Monday, September 17, 2007

HW 6: Interest Statement for Semester-Long Project

When I looked through the list of things for my semester-long project, there were three that really caught my eye. One of them is learning about instant messaging, and learning about the affects it has on people. Another is social networking services like facebook or myspace; things that young adults and teens use a lot and enjoy very much. The last thing is massive multiplayer online games, like World of Warcraft or Guild Wars. These things all seem to have major affects on the younger population, with problems like addiction, predators, and bad grammar just to name a few. I want to research these to figure out why people are so addicted or never can get away from it. Types of empowerment I’d like to research is overcoming ageism, where people can’t get things because they’re too young or too old. Also I’d like to learn about overcoming religious intolerance. The last one I’d like to learn about and research is overcoming racism. The areas I’d like to start looking at are the US and Asia, two of the most interesting cultures on the planet.

No comments: