Monday, September 17, 2007

HW 5b: Bloggers are more trusted than Big Media

After finishing the reading “I Blog, Therefore I Am”, I came to a part in the essay that I disagreed with when the authors claim that the reason why the Big Media has lost so much trust in their readers, being biased, was actually welcomed in the world of blogging. He emphasizes on the fact that “Big Media’s biases are often convert, hidden by a screen of presumed ‘objectivity’, whereas bloggers’ biases are usually openly and proudly stated.” I disagree with this belief because if I were to read a blog about politics where the writer was completely biased, I wouldn’t trust or believe anything the writer was talking about. Even if the Big Media has a hidden bias, their talking more about the event that is happening, not their own opinions on it. When I read the news, I want to know what exactly is going on, not what people think about it. The author also argues that bloggers also relieve the resources openly and freely to people who want to know where they got their ideas and information, and say that reporters for the Big Media don’t always show where their resources are. If one were to really think about it they’d realize that some people don’t want to be mentioned when they give out information to the media. Maybe because they don’t want to be hurt, or they don’t want the publicity. Either way I believe it’s wrong to think the Media has such a bad reputation just because they don’t say all of their resources.

No comments: